The organizers of Papergirl SF told me they received about 1,700 individual pieces of art – awesome! And two of mine made it up on the wall at today’s showing, which made me quite proud – I lost a full three buttons off my vest.

And some of the other pieces; lots of good-lookers and well-done work.

Distribution will be next weekend. I’ll have to balance this and the Patti Smith set at Hardly Strictly, but duty is duty.


I over-thought the table problem; once I started to measure the area I thought I’d have to cut from the plate, I realized the missing leg wasn’t that much of a problem at all. Cleared off the table, cleaned up some shadows, and made two fat, wet prints.

Here’s the plate:

Here’s the first print:

And a detail from the second print:

Next project will be for Papergirl SF. Distribution will be in October, so I’m thinking Theme Hallowe’en. I’ve got an idea I like that I’ll pull out of hiding and clean up. More to come.

And more mistakes. This is the first proof: the tabletop needs to be cut, the jar needs to be fixed, the hard shadow on the cabinet doors should be softened, the missing table leg needs to be addressed somehow. All that aside, I really love how this is turning out. The print itself looks just like a print should, with just enough kiss (OK, not at the upper left, but nevermind that, please).

The plate:

The proof:

More cutting and some inking for guidance. I’m satisfied with the expressive detail on the rearward figure. The jar on the other hand, not so much. The table lines are way skewed, but I think I can work with what I’ve cut.

And back yet again to this series. I’ve transferred and added to this sketch of the farmhouse kitchen; now begins the carving. Sharp-eyed readers will immediately see how I screwed up the sun’s ray on the right.  I can only promise there will be more screwups to come.

A long time ago, I was working on this print series (for Spring, a-ha-ha). I’m back to that for a little bit. This drawing needs some touching up and detail added, but is generally complete.

Green vegetables definitely, blue sky possibly, red wine maybe. I don’t work often with color, but this has given me some ideas to work through.

I’ve been stalled the past week or so, so here’s a little something for y’all to chew on: one of the concept sketches for the next cut. More soon, I hope.