May 26, 2010
Finished the Pig Pen print! First, the lino.
The print. This is number 2 of 7.
The tall grass and sleeping pig came out very satisfactorily. I’m less happy with the piglet; she could be better defined. The tree looks fantastic, the sun just as I’d imagined. The errors in the shadows I hope the eye can forgive. Those scorps at the bottom are just accidents; I’m fully to blame here.
May 16, 2010
Finished the drawing on the plate, which I am highly fond of:
And started the cutting:
May 13, 2010
I didn’t have a lot of time this afternoon, and so this is more sketchy than the others. I am satisfied with the figure itself, but not so much the stonework. I may go back and redraw the piece.
And also: transferring the drawing onto the plate was painless. Cutting this is my next project.
April 27, 2010
I’ve detailed the sleeping swine, removed one of the pair on the right, and added shadows and other details. You may see traces of details that didn’t work out: a horse, sheep, a tractor. Save those for later.
April 25, 2010
The results after cleaning up the linoleum were mixed: the horse tails are improved and the sky is clearer, but the sunrays clogged up some and title plate isn’t very clean. On the other hand, this is a much better print any previous.
The next print will be the pig pen.
It took a long time to get the pigs right.
Not having done much pig work, I find I’m weak drawing the ears, but also that I love pigs’ great chubby roundness. So cute!